- Sign Ups are via Sign Up Genius at www.tinyurl.com/2019negotiations
- Negotiations starts January 11, 2019 and are scheduled for every Friday from noon to 6pm. You may attend part or all of the time frame, but if you arrive after 12pm, you will have to wait until a break to join us.
- Negotiations will be at the AFSCME Local 2960 Union Hall located at 3909 N. 16th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016, unless otherwise updated.
- Union Members must attend off duty; no release time can be granted for observation.
- Members must sign up by the Tuesday prior to negotiations to ensure confirmation. Confirmations will be emailed by Wednesday afternoon.
- Members and invited management may attend as observers.
- You are an observer only and there will be no participation in discussion from observers, nor should there be any talking or making noises while negotiations are in process. Please do not text negotiations team during negotiations. Any questions may be asked during breaks and after negotiations.
- No recording devices. No materials or notes from negotiations will be allowed out of the building.
- Cell phones must stay on mute.
- Dress is Business Casual. No Uniforms.
- No more than 2 Union Members and 2 Management Observers each session.
- Negotiations are to be kept discreet, only talk fact with other members. No rumor mills.
- Observers must sign a Statement of Confidentiality and this Rules of Conduct form upon arrival at the Union Hall, prior to observing.
- Observers will be sequestered away from all parties during caucuses and side bars.
- Breach of rules could lead to Union charges against Union Members.
- Union Members wishing to reserve a date for future observations can do so here (www.tinyurl.com/2019negotiations) by the Tuesday prior to the date they wish to attend. Confirmations will be emailed out by the Wednesday prior.
- Union Members can reserve multiple dates, however after attending one negotiations session, we will put that member on a "standby" list in order to open up dates for first-time observers. We will still confirm via email by the Wednesday prior.
- Do not attend unless you receive a confirmation. If you have questions, or did not receive a confirmation, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest news and Union updates nationwide visit AFSCME.ORG
Sisters and Brothers,
As we move closer to this monumental day and as Labor continues to look for ways to provide support, here is a list of ways in which we can help.
Looking for volunteers to:
Remember: The rally at the Capitol starts at 12 noon. Teamsters Local 104 is organizing have a section of Arizona AFL-CIO affiliates to show Solidarity and our support for Educators, Students and our affiliate Teachers Union AFT local 8002 and their members!
If you have questions or would like to volunteer you can contact: Fred Yamashita at (480)217-1920 email@example.com or Joe Murphy at (480)865-5149 or firstname.lastname@example.org
An election was held at the last membership meeting for delegates who will attend the AFSCME International Conference in July. The following delegates were elected.
Joe Witt Jr.
In addition to these delegates, the following alternates were elected.
Congratulations to all and thank you for representing us in Boston!
Did you know that AFSCME Local 2960 has it's own Honor Guard? Our Honor Guard has attended multiple funerals and Memorial Services in the last 2 years to represent our Union formally at these events. We have an opportunity to provide volunteers at the upcoming Ragnar Relay Del Sol to raise funds for needed materials such as flags and other expenses. The dates will be February 9th and 10th, and most likely in the Scottsdale or Mesa areas. Please contact Union Officer and Honor Guard organizer Chris Radoian ASAP if you are available to help out. This can be a family opportunity as some stations will allow volunteers 13 years and older. He can be reached at email@example.com
The Legal Services for Crime Victims in Arizona non-profit is holding a "Wine and Paint" event on Tuesday Jan 23rd from 6-9 at Fry's Wine Bar in Peoria. Tickets are $27.86 and go to support LSCVA's work on behalf of AZ crime victims. More information about the event and the organization may be found at:
To all employees,
On November 29, 2017, the City Council adopted recommendations from the citywide Sick Leave Work Group to implement changes to FMLA leave.
Effective January 1, 2018, the current FMLA leave codes “F1” and “F2” will be eliminated from eCHRIS. Under the new changes, employees will be able to choose whether to use FMLA leave from their available sick or vacation banks, whether the employee is caring for themselves or a qualifying family member. Once the employee has identified which leave bank to use, FMLA leave will be designated under one of the following codes: “FMLA Sick” or “FMLA Vacation”. This change allows the employees the freedom and flexibility to manage their FMLA leave and leave banks based upon their preferences.
Note: The employee is responsible for selecting whether to use “FMLA Sick” or “FMLA Vacation” leave code. Additionally, the immediate supervisor has the ability to enter the employee’s requested leave code.
Please be advised that no changes have occurred with FMLA administration through FMLASource. All current processes will continue to be administered as usual. Please continue to follow your current call-in procedures.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact your department HR Liaison or the FMLA Administration team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our holiday party was a smashing success; thanks to everyone who attended. AFSCME 2960 wishes you happy holidays and a happy new year.
We have been made aware that a sophisticated phishing and phone scam appears to be targeting AFSCME membership. The email is coming from the scam email address email@example.com and urges members to fill out a form to avoid furlough days. The reported phone calls say that members owe money to AFSCME. Obviously, none of this is true.
These scams are not affiliated with AFSCME and the union has no control over them.
Please do the following:
We are actively tracking down who is behind them. If you have any questions, please contact AFSCME IT hotline at 202-429-1122.
Attached is the schedule for Open Enrollment & DEVA information sessions. A vendor has been chosen and employees with family coverage have to submit marriage certificates and birth certificates to prove family members on their policy are eligible. If not, the family member(s) will be dropped.