This three year battle has cost this local, along with AFSCME 2384 and ASPTEA, hundreds of thousands of dollars, hundreds of donated union hours and huge amount of personal and vacation time...
but in winning this case we show the city, the politicians, the Goldwater Institute and others that:
- The city cannot control its employees and change benefits simply because they want to.
- It means that our case has nationwide implications in protecting the retirement of city workers.
- It frees up thousands of dollars per person that will go with you into your retirement.
- It means checks for hundreds of our retirees in the thousands of dollars.
- It means those ready to retire get a significant boost to their yearly salary.
- It means that those for the past 3 years that got nothing in their sick leave bank for retirement get the money they deserve.
- It means that this union, with its members, staff, and stewards told the city ENOUGH TAKING when it comes to our hard earned money and benefits! That we will no longer sit and watch everything we worked for being taken away. This cry will continue during this years negotiations.
- ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
This victory along with our victory in defeating the pension killing Proposition 487 in November and in our push to pass Proposition 103 next month to stop the pay coming out our new Tier 2 employees shows that with unity and Solidarity we can win against our enemies. We will continue to fight and NEVER yield to the forces that demonize us and the forces that try to strip away our pay and benefits.
Show the non members today how this union fights and tell them to join!!
Donate union hours to help us fight!
And be PROUD....SO PROUD of our union. Against HUGE odds and massive city and top level attorneys this local won and told the city ENOUGH!
JOIN LOCAL 2960: http://www.afscme2960.org/become-a-member.html
DONATE HOURS FOR UNION RELEASE:
See the progression of 'Piccioli vs City of Phoenix':