This time was originally from Union Release hours negotiated by the union and taken from us by the court.
We need every employee to give back that time to the union for us to survive. If we don't get 70% of our members giving those EXTRA hours back, union dues will need to increase and our ability to fight for our members will be reduced. We are at less than 12% as of today.
If you hate the furloughs, then give us a weapon to fight them. We will NOT agree to continued furloughs this year. But without donated hours we also cannot negotiate next years contract to demand them to be removed. Negotiations are ALL ON UNION RELEASE HOURS! No City Time is allowed.
What those donated hours did last year:
- SAVED YOUR PENSION by defeating Prop 487. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2014/11/04/phoenix-voters-decide-fate-city-pension-system/18459487/
- Won the lawsuit on the Sick leave snapshot which affects the retirement of 90% of our members. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2015/07/22/ruling-setback-phoenix-stop-pension-spiking/30500321/
- Fought to decrease pension contributions for Tier 2 employees so they have more take home pay and stop huge pension payouts for upper management which hurt OUR pay. (VOTE YES on Prop 103). http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/editorial/2015/07/29/phoenix-pension-reform-endorsement/30860879/
- Stopped the city from freezing merit (5% for OUR unit) and longevity pay (up to $6,000/yr for OUR unit) which the city and council members want to do EVERY year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vnx82kwxSg
- Held fundraisers for injured members and members who lost their lives. http://www.955themountain.com/calendar/january-30-2015/bbq-fundraiser-for-phx-fire-dispatcher-430816/
- Stopped the city from decreasing vacation and sick time and go to a PPO plan
- Stopped the city from charging 10% increase to your health care coverage
- Saved over a dozen members from losing their jobs from wrongful termination
- Stop the privatization of dozens of employees
- Stop severe discipline for nearly 50 members
- Got nearly a dozen members transferred to departments away from bad managers
- Changed the hiring process in multiple departments to make sure promotions and hiring were more fair and transparent.
- Made sure forced furlough days could be taken when YOU WANTED it and not when the city wanted
- Got bullet proof vests for our detention officers when the city refused
- Stop police communication from forced cross training
And sooooooooooo much more!!
These hours are needed this year MORE than ever for such activities like:
- Civil Service cases
- Court cases
- Meeting and representing employees
- Un-fair labor practices
- Meeting with Council members
- Labor management meetings called by the union
- Membership meetings
- Political activity
- ANY union only activity
- The BIGGEST of all this year...Contract negotiations. Without those hours we will be UNABLE to fight the furlough days. The city has balanced the budget for TOO long on our backs and this year we need to stop these furlough days from continuing. Without donated hours we cannot do that and these furloughs will continue.
Hundreds of these hours will be used for upcoming negotiations alone as no city time can be used per the courts. The furloughs NEED TO STOP and this local will no longer accept status quo on this!!!
This local has fought over and over again for our members. Without you we cannot continue.
You can donate up to 40 hours
As of today we do not have enough hours to continue. ITS UP TO YOU!
Those that donated last year and did not check the box for annual donations need to fill out form again
The DEADLINE to donate those hours is Sept 4th 2015. After that date you cannot donate.
You can donate online at: http://www.afscme2960.org/
You can fill out the attached form and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 602.716.9337
Or pick up a form from your steward.
Thank you for your support.
For those that donated...THANK YOU!!!....tell you fellow employees to give as well.
President AFSCME 2960